We are currently looking for someone to work 15-20 hours per week in the retail store on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays with additional hours available in the future.
Jobs Currently Available
We are hiring to fill a seasonal position of Retail Sales Associate.
If you love chocolate, we want you to join our team to help our customers discover a world of chocolate made with fine flavor cacao. We’ve built an international reputation for our knowledge of chocolate, and our curated collection of single-origin chocolate bars. Chocolate lovers who are enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible team players with excellent customer service skills are encouraged to apply. Bring us your excellent customer service skills, and we’ll teach you about bean-to-bar chocolate.
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or drop it off at the store. We are located inside the Interbay WorkLofts at 1631 15th Ave. W., Suite 111, Seattle, WA 98119. You can reach us at (206) 282-0776.
- Demonstrate a passion for chocolate and for sharing that passion with customers and fellow employees in a friendly, non-judgmental manner
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Communicate effectively with customers and co-workers
- Read, write and utilize math skills
- Demonstrate initiative and good judgment in all job tasks
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Be a team player and contribute to a positive team environment
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred
- Must be able to climb a ladder on a regular basis
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Guide our customers through the complex world of artisan bean-to-bar chocolate
- Provide exemplary sales and customer service, and create relationships with returning customers
- Actively seek out information on fine chocolate and be excited to share that knowledge with customers and fellow team members
- Assist with daily operations of retail store, including check out, customer service, product receiving, merchandise display building, shelf stocking and packaging.
- Contribute to neat, clean and efficient operational environment
- Open and close store unsupervised
- Contribute to profitability of store
- Take initiative to determine what tasks need to get done each day, complete those tasks in a timely manner without supervision, and show good judgment when completing the tasks
- Work on special projects during shift hours, as needed
- Other duties as required
• One free bar of artisan chocolate during every week worked
• 20% Employee discount
• 40 hours Sick & Safe leave per year
• Full-time employees accrue 1 week of paid vacation their first year of employment, and 2 weeks of paid vacation beginning their second year.
Shift Hours and Expectations:
• Holiday Hours – We will be open seven days a week with extended hours between Thanksgiving and Christmas. You must be available to work weekends and evenings.
• Non-Holiday operating hours are Monday - Wednesday 1:00-5:30, Thursday 1:00–9:00, Friday 1:00 – 5:30 and Saturday 11:00 – 3:30.
• There is a Blackout period for time off requests between Thanksgiving and Christmas and during the first two weeks of February. During these busy times of the year we are not able to approve time-off requests.