VALENTINES DAY 2019 DEADLINES
We do our part to make sure your gifts will arrive in time for Valentines Day. UPS and FedEx are facing delays due to extreme weather this year. If your chocolate gift absolutely, positively needs to arrive by Valentines Day, we recommend you choose 2-Day or Overnight shipping.
The carriers (UPS and FedEx) do not provide guarantees on Ground shipping, only on expedited (2 Day and Overnight) shipping. If there is a weather event that is out of their control, they remove guarantees from expedited shipping as well. Please keep in mind that a "guarantee" from the carriers means that if they do not get your package there as promised, you will receive a shipping refund and your package will arrive after Valentines Day. Given the current snow storms in Seattle, we have SUSPENDED our overnight shipping deadline. The shipping networks are running behind schedule because of the inclement weather.
- Ground Shipping Order Deadline: Orders must be placed by Tuesday, February 5 at 6pm
- 2-Day Shipping Order Deadline: Orders must be placed by Sunday, February 10 at 6pm
- Overnight Shipping Order Deadline: SUSPENDED (due to snow in Seattle we cannot guarantee that shipments will arrive in time for Valentine's Day).
Warm Weather Shipping
As the temperatures creep up in late Spring we require Warm Weather Shipping. Packages traveling to locations where the temperatures are above 70° either at the destination or anywhere along the transit route require warm weather shipping. All shipping prices include insulation and ice packs at this time of year, and you will only be able to chooose from shipping options that keep your chocolate from melting. This means that we remove Ground shipping as an option for many parts of the country, requiring you to ship via 2-Day or Overnight. We watch the weather carefully, and as soon as we're able to enable Ground shipping for your area, we add it back as an option. Ground shipping is available all year in Washington State where we are located.
Shipping & Care
We ship to every state in the US, but we need your help to make sure we have the correct information to ensure your chocolate arrives at its destination in excellent condition. In the cooler months we are able to ship chocolate via Ground to most locations in the US. When the weather heats up we switch to expedited shipping. Chocolate can be shipped to warm weather locations via UPS Next Day Air or FedEx Overnight (80° - 90°) or UPS Second Day Air or FedEx 2 Day (70° - 79°) in an insulated box with ice packs (additional charges may apply). If the weather is exceedingly hot at any point along the transit route (e.g., 90 degrees and above), we may delay your shipment.
We cannot be responsible for chocolate shipped to a place where temperatures exceed 70º anywhere along the shipping route if you do not choose to use Next Day Air or Second Day Air. This is not a problem to most destinations during the winter months of October through April. If we need to delay or cancel your order for any reason, we will contact you at the email and phone number you provided during checkout. Please make sure your contact information is correct in case we need to reach you regarding your order.
- Ground - We offer Ground shipping during the winter months (October through April) to locations where temperatures are below 70°. All orders shipped via Ground and placed by 6:00 pm Pacific Time Monday through Thursday are shipped the next day. Orders placed Friday through Sunday ship on Monday. We use UPS Ground and USPS Priorty Mail to ship Ground packages.
- 2nd Day Air and Overnight - We also offer 2nd Day, Standard Overnight and Priority Overnight delivery throughout the year to the continental US, where it's available. Please keep in mind that the shipment date of your order is one business day after you place your order. This means that a 2nd Day Air shipment ordered on Tuesday will ship on Wednesday and arrive on Friday. An overnight shipment ordered on Wednesday will ship on Thursday and arrive on Friday. If you place an order to be shipped via 2Day on Wednesday you will be charged an additional fee for Saturday delivery. In some cases we may be able to ship your order on the same day you place it, but we can’t make any promises. We use both UPS and FedEx to ship expedited packages.
- Courier - If you're in the Seattle area, we offer courier service. The price is based on the destination zip code and how quickly you would like the item delivered. Courier orders must be placed over the phone. Please call us at (206) 282-0776 for pricing and to place your order.
Seattle Metro Area Delivery
If you are sending a gift to someone in the Seattle area, delivery may be a more economical or faster option. This is particularly true when you plan to send more than one gift to the same location. We offer delivery to most neighborhoods in Seattle, and to most of the Eastside. Pricing is based on the destination zip code. Please give us a call at (206) 282-0776 for delivery availability and pricing. If you have a last-minute order for same-day delivery, please call us. While we can't promise anything, we will try to accommodate your needs.
"I'm melting, melting"
It would be a shame if your package were well-protected throughout the shipping process, only to be left on the hot doorstep of an empty home. We strongly encourage you to use an address where the package can be properly received and stored, such as an office, in a temperature-controlled and safe environment. We cannot be responsible for any damage or theft that occurs as a result of packages left on doorsteps when no one is home.
"But I wasn't expecting a package..."
Surprise gifts are always wonderful and we certainly understand your desire to keep our tasty gifts a secret until delivery. We recommend, however, that you alert the recipient that a package will be arriving so he or she knows to accept delivery of the package. Then your recipient will be sure to say, "Aw, shucks, is that for me?" upon delivery.
Multiple Shipping Addresses
If you would like to place an order to be shipped to multiple shipping addresses, please call us at (206) 282-0776 so we can manage the billing and shipping process for you. While our website cannot currently handle multiple shipping addresses for each order, we are happy to handle it via phone and email. Let us make it easier for you!
We do our best to make sure your package arrives at the right address in a timely manner. However, we are only as good as the information you provide when you place your order. If the shipping information you provide is not deliverable by any of the carriers we use, we cannot be held responsible for a package that is mis-delivered or returned to us. If the shipment is returned to us or is not accepted by an unsuspecting recipient, you will need to pay to re-ship the package (see "But I wasn't expecting a package...").