Shipping & Care
We ship to every state in the US, but we need your help to make sure we have the correct information to ensure your chocolate arrives at its destination in excellent condition. In the cooler months we are able to ship chocolate via Ground to most locations in the US. When the weather heats up we switch to expedited shipping. Chocolate can be shipped to warm weather locations via FedEx Overnight (80° - 90°) or FedEx 2 Day (70° - 79°) in an insulated box with ice packs (additional charges may apply). If the weather is exceedingly hot at any point along the transit route (e.g., 90 degrees and above), we may delay your shipment.
We cannot be responsible for chocolate shipped to a place where temperatures exceed 70º anywhere along the shipping route if you do not choose to use Overnight or 2 Day Air. This is not a problem to most destinations during the winter months of October through April. If we need to delay or cancel your order for any reason, we will contact you at the email and phone number you provided during checkout. Please make sure your contact information is correct in case we need to reach you regarding your order.
DELIVERY ON VALENTINES DAY
We are offering courier delivery to select zip codes in the Seattle area on Valentines Day.We have a limited number of delivery spots available, so make sure to book your delivery soon. Delivery fee is $15 to the Seattle zip codes listed below. Once you enter an eligible shipping zip code at checkout, you will see "Delivery in Seattle" as a shipping option. Please make sure to include the recipient's phone number. We can arrange delivery to other neighborhoods, including the Eastside, for a fee that is based on delivery zip code. If you would like to arrange delivery to a zip code not listed below, please call us at (206) 282-0776.
Address, including Suite or Floor number
Recipient's phone number (if you don't want the delivery driver calling the recipient, we can take your phone number instead)
Flat fee of $15 applies to the following zip codes:
VALENTINES 2018 SHIPPING DEADLINES*
Orders must be placed by the following dates and times to arrive in time for Valentines Day. We cannot be held responsible for any network delays caused by FedEx or UPS. Ship chocolate early to ensure it arrives in time for Valentines Day.
Ground: Sunday, February 4
Ground within WA State ONLY: Thursday, February 8 at 6pm
FedEx 2Day: Sunday, February 11 at 6pm
FedEx Overnight: Monday, February 12 at 6pm
SEATTLE ONLY DELIVERY: We have a limited number of spots available for delivery in Seattle on February 14. Please call us at (206) 282-0776 to schedule a delivery within the downtown Seattle core for Valentines Day. Delivery is $20.
* Please note that during this busy time of year FedEx and the other shipping carriers often get behind. We are using the shipping deadlines they have provided us, but we cannot be responsible for shipments that are delayed for reasons beyond our control. We recommend you order as soon as possible to give your package time to reach its destination during the busy holiday season.
Orders placed before 6pm PST usually ship the following day. At busy times of year such as Christmas or Valentine's Day, we may require an extra day to ship your order. During hot-weather months we ship Monday thru Thursday, depending upon the shipping service you've chosen. We only ship on Fridays if you've selected FedEx Priority Overnight service (for Saturday delivery).
We will not ship an a day when it would sit in a FedEx warehouse over a weekend. Please keep these times in mind when choosing your shipping service. We ship chocolate to the continental US, Alaska and Hawaii. We use both FedEx and USPS Priority Mail as our shipping carriers in the Continental US and Hawaii, and we use USPS Priority mail for shipments going to Alaska. We do not currently ship to Guam, Puerto Rico, APO/FPO or international addresses.
- Ground - We offer Ground shipping during the winter months (October through April) to locations where temperatures are below 70°. All orders shipped via Ground and placed by 6:00 pm Pacific Time Monday through Thursday are shipped the next day. Orders placed Friday through Sunday ship on Monday. We use FedEx Ground and USPS Priorty Mail to ship Ground packages.
- 2nd Day Air and Overnight - We also offer 2nd Day, Standard Overnight and Priority Overnight delivery throughout the year to the continental US, where it's available. Please keep in mind that the shipment date of your order is one business day after you place your order. This means that a 2nd Day Air shipment ordered on Tuesday will ship on Wednesday and arrive on Friday. An overnight shipment ordered on Wednesday will ship on Thursday and arrive on Friday. If you place an order to be shipped via 2Day on Wednesday you will be charged an additional fee for Saturday delivery. In some cases we may be able to ship your order on the same day you place it, but we can’t make any promises.
- Courier - If you're in the Seattle area, we offer courier service. The price is based on the destination zip code and how quickly you would like the item delivered. Courier orders must be placed over the phone. Please call us at (206) 282-0776 for pricing and to place your order.
Shipping Prices to Continental US
|$0 - $50
|$50.01 - $100
|$100.01 - $250
* Additional charges for Saturday delivery, shipments to Hawaii and large Gift Baskets/Boxes may apply. There is an additional fee of $16 for Saturday delivery with FedEx. There is an additional charge of $16 for Gift Baskets shipping Ground, and an additional $40 charge for Gift Baskets shipping Express to cover the significantly higher shipping costs of these larger items.
Seattle Metro Area Delivery
If you are sending a gift to someone in the Seattle area, delivery may be a more economical or faster option. This is particularly true when you plan to send more than one gift to the same location. We offer delivery to most neighborhoods in Seattle, and to most of the Eastside. Pricing is based on the destination zip code. Please give us a call at (206) 282-0776 for delivery availability and pricing. If you have a last-minute order for same-day delivery, please call us. While we can't promise anything, we will try to accommodate your needs.
"I'm melting, melting"
It would be a shame if your package were well-protected throughout the shipping process, only to be left on the hot doorstep of an empty home. We strongly encourage you to use an address where the package can be properly received and stored, such as an office, in a temperature-controlled and safe environment. We cannot be responsible for any damage or theft that occurs as a result of packages left on doorsteps when no one is home.
"But I wasn't expecting a package..."
Surprise gifts are always wonderful and we certainly understand your desire to keep our tasty gifts a secret until delivery. We recommend, however, that you alert the recipient that a package will be arriving so he or she knows to accept delivery of the package. Then your recipient will be sure to say, "Aw, shucks, is that for me?" upon delivery.
Multiple Shipping Addresses
If you would like to place an order to be shipped to multiple shipping addresses, please call us at (206) 282-0776 so we can manage the billing and shipping process for you. While our website cannot currently handle multiple shipping addresses for each order, we are happy to handle it via phone and email. Let us make it easier for you!
We do our best to make sure your package arrives at the right address in a timely manner. However, we are only as good as the information you provide when you place your order. If the shipping information you provide is not deliverable by any of the carriers we use, we cannot be held responsible for a package that is mis-delivered or returned to us. If the shipment is returned to us or is not accepted by an unsuspecting recipient, you will need to pay to re-ship the package (see "But I wasn't expecting a package...").